On Sunday, May 18, the Atwood-Lindsey Community Group cleared some overgrown property that was attached to the Portland Rescue Mission's used car lot. Because of the overgrowth, it had become a key place for negative activity. The police had even stated they could not help patrol because of the growth.Holly Hummel from Portland Rescue Mission had the following to say about this wonderful group:
"Once again, Rolling Hills blessed me personally and the entire Portland Rescue Mission in our hour of need. It was hot, but you came like the Cavalry and descended on this huge need with a can-do attitude that really lifted up our spirits. I wish I had taken more "before" pictures, because the "after" is so dramatically different. I am amazed at all that was accomplished in such a short time! Your group truly lives the admonition of Jesus to reach those who can never pay you back."
Mercy to the needy is a loan to God, and God pays back those loans in full.
Proverbs 19:17
"In return, I believe HE will bless you in ways that only HE can, and in prayer I am nominating each of you for a special "handful on purpose" from the Lord for taking your valuable time to come and help us pull our facility together."Proverbs 19:17
Thank you to Doug and Kathy Lindsey, Bob and Nancy Kimball, Paul Morrissey, Kelly and Reggie Atwood, Jim and Nancy Lacy, and Mike and Anne Prettyman for serving their community!
No comments:
Post a Comment